Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Getting There: Political candidates need better direction on Connecticut’s transportation issues

I used to believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and politicians. I actually thought the first two brought me gifts and the latter cared about me and my community. Well, those days are gone. We are now neck-deep in the primary round of campaigning for our state’s top officials and I hope you’ve been paying attention. The empty promises are piling up pretty fast, especially when it comes to transportation. A few candidates have been brave enough to endorse the idea of tolls while others just mouth vague platitudes like “we should have free-flowing traffic on I-95...” No explanations of how or who’d pay for it, just the pandering promises.

from News https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Getting-There-Political-candidates-need-better-13100279.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two hospitalized following crash in area of Mountain Grove Street on Saturday, Bridgeport official says

A city spokesperson said both victims suffered non-life-threatening injuries following a car crash that occurred in the area of Mountain Gro...