Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Fugitive trucker rams trooper’s cruiser in I-95 chase

A wanted fugitive driving a tractor-trailer truck, rammed a State Police cruiser during a chase on I-95 Tuesday afternoon. Troopers said that after his truck was disabled with stop sticks, the fugitive tried to escape by running across the lanes of I-95. The trucker - identified as Michael Anthony Salvaggi, 53, of Somersett, Pa. - was wanted by the FBI on numerous arrest warrants from several states. Around 2 -p.m. Tuesday, Salvaggi’s vehicle, a red Peterbuilt tractor, was spotted near I-95 Exit 67 in Old Saybrook. According to state police, “Salvaggi engaged Old Saybrook police in pursuit as they attempted to pull him over. The pursuit entered I-95 southbound.

from News https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Fugitive-trucker-rams-trooper-s-cruiser-in-I-95-12865949.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stratford to delay revaluation to next year, giving property owners a potential tax reprieve

Stratford homeowners will get a one-year reprieve on a potential increase in property taxes after town officials opted to delay the revaluat...