Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Bridgeport man recalls homeless nights, helping hands

BRIDGEPORT — Willie Thomas Miller Jr.’s one-bedroom apartment on Freeman Street is a far cry from the public transit stations where he used to sleep. After serving more than 18 years on robbery and drug charges in Texas, the now-70-year-old Miller found himself homeless in Connecticut in 2014, walking the streets of Bridgeport all night. He was using heroin and had nowhere to go, and he lived that way for a year and a half. “I was ashamed to be homeless,” Miller, a Norwalk native, said. “There are people who probably didn’t even know I was homeless, because I never told them I was homeless. The only thing I had to throw people off...was how I dressed because I had (clothes in) storage.

from News http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Bridgeport-man-recalls-homeless-nights-helping-12396601.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stratford to delay revaluation to next year, giving property owners a potential tax reprieve

Stratford homeowners will get a one-year reprieve on a potential increase in property taxes after town officials opted to delay the revaluat...