Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Getting There: 2019 Connecticut transportation predictions

Each year, I share my predictions for the coming months — and grade myself on last year’s crystal-ball gazing. Upon reflection, I was way too pessimistic last year, predicting fare hikes, service cuts and delays in new M8 car orders for Metro-North. I must have had some bad eggnog when I said the Special Transportation Fund lock box would be defeated. Bah, humbug. I’ll admit it: I was wrong. But I was spot-on in predicting more Positive Train Control delays, no movement on infrastructure investment by the Trump administration and potential problems for Elon Musk’s Hyperloop schemes. As for the year ahead, we have a good sense of where Gov.-elect Ned Lamont says he wants to go.

from News https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Getting-There-2019-Connecticut-transportation-13487745.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stratford to delay revaluation to next year, giving property owners a potential tax reprieve

Stratford homeowners will get a one-year reprieve on a potential increase in property taxes after town officials opted to delay the revaluat...