Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Retired Stratford man surprised over $25,000 lottery win

Retired Stratford postal worker Edward Michaud has handled plenty of letters in his day. But he won’t forget the eight letters that spelled the word “backyard” on a CT Lottery “Cashword” scratch ticket. Last week, Michaud scanned his CT Lottery “Cashword 25” scratch ticket in a retailer’s ticket checker, he definitely received more than he expected. Anticipating a $1,000 prize for a nine-word match, the message on the checker flashed a $25,000 top prize win instead. Last Friday, he claimed his prize at CT Lottery headquarters in Rocky Hill. “I don’t know how I missed that last word, backyard,” Michaud told lottery officials. “I thought I won only $1,000, but when I went back inside to check my ticket, I was pleasantly surprised.

from News https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Retired-Stratford-man-surprised-over-25-000-12933450.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two hospitalized following crash in area of Mountain Grove Street on Saturday, Bridgeport official says

A city spokesperson said both victims suffered non-life-threatening injuries following a car crash that occurred in the area of Mountain Gro...